Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 136: Had a great fall


2 pieces today, both Olive with East Indian Rosewood.  Both chunks of Olive cam from the same piece.  I was going to do them both the same height but decided at the last second to make them different heights and I'm glad I did.

I burned a "random" pattern on all of the areas that had less interesting grain.  The brand I used is a simple S pattern.  It's surprisingly difficult to create an artificially random pattern.  It also takes a surprising amount of time to burn something like this, even though they're fairly small.




The collars were turned from East Indian Rosewood.  I decided to texture them using my woodburner with just a simple tip.  They looked slightly out of place before they were burned.

I've decided to call them Humpty and Dumpty.















Song Track of the day:
Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture.

This is a bit long but it's more than worth it.  Also check out the book by the same name.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment