Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 139 : The Beast


Every once in a while I have to remind myself why I prefer to turn green wood.  Tonight was one of those nights.  I've had this piece of Olive for 4 or 5 years and it's bone dry.  It's about 12 X 12 X 6.















It took a while to get the outside rough turned but I did finally beat it into submission.  I'm debating what to do with all of the drying cracks.  It will probably be either Turquoise or Coffee grounds.















Sanded to 320 and a coat of oil wiped on.  There's so much going on in this piece I may leave the cracks as they are.  Opinions?

3 comments:

  1. Leave it! I think it looks pretty cool as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would leave the cracks as they are. I think the turquoise would take attention away from all the grain.

    Dale Gillaspy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm too late but black superglue would work in those dark cracks

    ReplyDelete