Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 137: Light my fire


Another small Olive hollow form today with some pyrography.  The wood had so much going on that I thought too much burning would be distracting so I did just a bit around the top and a little around the base.










Top view showing the burning around the rim and the pair I did yesterday.

















Bottom view with signature.  The 1/10 on the bigger piece is January 2010, not 1 of 10.













Now for the bad news, It took me 3 tries to get one piece done today.  The piece on the lower left got a little thin and then cracked because of vibration.  I cut through the side of the piece on the top.  Such is life.










One more project tonight.  I burned this grecian inspired design on the peppermill I made last week.  It's not perfect but it's not bad for freehand.















Song of the night:
Coldplay, Clocks

1 comment:

  1. The pepper mill burning looks great. I am glad that you also post some of your not-so-perfect results on the 4th picture down. I seem to relate a little more to those... Good stuff all around.

    ReplyDelete