Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 145: Organization

I did some organizing today, 43 bowl roughouts and  hollow form roughouts (not pictured) were moved from the landry room inside to the shelves in the shop.  These are a mixture of Sissoo (19), Shoestring Acacia (17), Aspen (4), and Olive (3). 

I'm hoping I can get a few of these finished in time for a couple of shows I'm planning to do this spring.  Some of the smaller ones may be headed to the club to be given away in 50/50 or raffle drawings.  I don't finish turn too many small bowls but I also hate to waste the wood. 

I also finished roughing out 'The Beast' from earlier this week.  I still have to fill all of the cracks before finishing the inside and then turning and finishing the bottoms.  I've decided that I'm going to use 2 part epoxy mixed with coffee grounds to fill the cracks. 

Another view of the 3 bowls above.  The cracks in the largest bowl are almost completely hidden in this view. 

I also took the time to take better photos of some recent pieces. 

'Eddies' - Eucalyptus, 2 1/2" tall. 

'Stingray' - Eucalyptus, 3" tall. 

'Humpty and Dumpty' - Olive and East Indian Rosewood, 1 3/4" & 3" tall.

Top view.


Mesquite, 10" diameter, 5 1/2" tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment