Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 164: Rice bowl


"Rice Bowls" are the President's Challenge for February.  I went to sand my multi axis rice bowl tonight only to find that I didn't have the proper sized drum for my vacuum chuck.  Actually I had the correct size but I cannibalized it a couple weeks ago for another project so a trip to Home Depot was in order.

I picked up all 4 sizes they had so I always have one on hand.











 3/4 view of the sanded rice bowl.  The outside was done on 3 parallel axes and a center axis was used for the inside and for the bottom.











Top view.  The wood is Jacaranda from a tree that a coworker lost in a storm back in December. 












Bottom view.













Profile view.  I wanted to have the same shape and proportions of a traditional rice bowl with the addition of some multi axis work.  I think I succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment