Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 144: Stingray skin


Another small piece today, I think it's Eucalyptus but I'm not sure.  The burning/texture was made with a small brand.  I wanted to do circles but quickly found out that a circle won't heat up because the electricity will take the shortest path, bypassing the loop.  So I made a brand that's about 3/4 of a circle and did each circle twice, overlapping each one to complete the circle.







I debated several different overall designs.  Complete coverage, small sections linking the top and the bottom, dividing the piece vertically into 4 sections and burning two opposite sections connecting them at the bottom.

I ended up leaving a section around the middle unburned and I'm glad that I did.

The name of this post comes from the texture of this piece.  It reminds me of stingray skin.  http://images.google.com/images?rlz=1C1GGLS_en___US361&sourceid=chrome&q=stingray%20skin&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi




Song of the night:
Flobots, Handlebars

No comments:

Post a Comment