Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 96: The show must go on



I really didn't feel like turning or doing anything else turning related tonight.  One of our dogs hasn't been feeling well for a couple of days, we're pretty sure she was miscarrying but we didn't think it was anything serious.  We spent a good portion of the day out at my grandparents house but when we returned home this evening we found her lying motionless.  Needless to say we're all pretty devastated.  She was my daughter's dog so my daughter and I took her out to the desert behind our house and buried her underneath a Desert Ironwood tree.

We'll miss you Daisy.








As the say, the show must go on.  This is a piece of Sissoo from Boyce Thompson Arboretum.  I roughed out back on day 67 (http://agoodturndaily.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-67-buckeye.html) with a couple of photos on day 69 (http://agoodturndaily.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-69-au-pair.html)

Tonight I sanded it inside and out using my vacuum chuck before applying a coat of oil. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dog. That totally sucks.

    I like the sissoo bowl, I was wondering why it wasn't up to snuff before. Looks like it has great colors

    ReplyDelete