Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 98: Prototype 1A



I made my prototype tonight in Box Elder.  It came out remarkably like a sketch I drew a couple of days ago but never posted (photo below).  It's supposed to be a snowflake but my son says it looks like a cracker.  He's probably right.  I'm going to go back to the drawing board a bit.  I think that while it resembles my sketch it's not exactly what I'm looking for.  If I move the 10 centers around the outside further from the center of the piece I can make the holes on the outside bigger which will lead to points on the edges rather than flats.



The rough sketch from a couple of days ago.  I was really surprised how closely the prototype matched this VERY rough sketch.  The number of holes around the outside isn't correct but it was just to get a rough idea of what I planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment