Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 79: success

I decided tonight that I've played enough with the multi axis stuff and that it was time to put my lessons learned into action.  This piece is the result, a 3 sided box with a twist out of Burmese Rosewood.

Open view.  In hindsight I could have made the interior a little larger but the inside is turned before the outside and I didn't want to ruin this one so I played it a bit safe.  It doesn't have any finish at this point and only minimal sanding.  A quick coat of oil will really bring out the grain.

Top view, clearly showing the triangular shape that is the result of the box being turned on 3 centers.  Technically the box was turned on 4 centers, 3 to create the triangular shape and the twisted exterior and the "true" center that was used to hollow the box as well as finish both the top and the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment