Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 33: Vacation eve


I'm on a mandatory vacation this week but we're not going anywhere.  I plan to clean and rearrange the shop as well as do a few things around the house.  I also plan to spend plenty of time turning.

Today I decided to finish another hot dog bun, this one is out of Shamel Ash and like the others is 6" long and 2 1/4" diameter.






I also roughed and cored one of the pieces of Acacia I got yesterday.  The blank was just under 16" square and was close to 100 pounds before it was trimmed to fit on the lathe.


The resulting bowls are 15", 12", 9", and 6".  I'm really happy with the grain matching on these pieces.  I have 2 more half logs from this tree, they're both a bit smaller but should still produce stunning bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment