Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 26: Design II and dumpster diving

I was grilling hot dogs and hamburgers this afternoon and was inspired by the food to make these quick sketches.  I plan to turn a hot dog with a bun and a hamburger including the bun, hamburger patty, onion rings, and tomatoes.








 I plan to use natural colored woods and want to texture the hamburger patty with a needle scaler so that it has the look and feel of a hamburger.  I'd like to do lettuce and pickles but I can't think of a wood to use for either of them.








Mesquite logs salvaged from my friend's woodpile.  12-15" diameter and about the same length.  These appear to be very dry with some cracking that may need filled with turquoise of another material.  Turned  and cored these 3 logs should yield 18-20 bowls of various sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment