Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 173: Smoke gets in your eyes

More burning today, all  bowls are Mesquite and 7 1/2- 8" diameter.  I don't like the one on the upper left but I'm very happy with the other 2.










I wanted to do some actual turning but I also didn't want to make a huge mess as I have a visitor coming over tomorrow night so I turned a hollow form for my Mother.  She asked me a couple weeks ago to turn her a hollow form but to leave it a little thicker than I normally would because she wants to do some cutting and/or carving on it.

Quaking Aspen 9 1/2" tall and 4 1/2" diameter.











It's 1/2 grey and 1/2 tan and pink with a nice feather on the pink side and a large beetle track as shown here.  The opening about 1 1 3/4" and is larger than I'd normally use.

I'm hesitant to send this one to her.  The color is fantastic and the feather up the side is really nice as well; I'm not sure I want to see it cut up.













No comments:

Post a Comment