Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 172: Back breaker

I spent the morning splitting and stacking most of my latest wood haul.  I didn't count but I think there's probably close to 40 half logs in this stack, all Mesquite and Acacia and all 12" diameter or greater.

I then spent an hour or so cleaning and organizing a bit.  It's not perfect but it's better than it was.






This evening I spent a couple hours enhancing some older bowls that were rather plain and haven't sold.  This design is based on a quick sketch I made on the back of an envelope while at a stop light the other day.

This is a small Mesquite  plate about 7" diameter.











I got a couple pieces of Avacado wood back in February and this was one of the smaller cores.  The colored streak is natural, I just added the 3 outlines.

They wrap around the front...












and onto the back.  I'm still not sure that I like it but it's slowly growing on me.















2 more pieces that I burned on the rims.  Both use my horseshoe shaped brand, the top one is Mesquite and has circles around the rim.  The one on the bottom is Ash and has something like a chain around the rim.  Both are about 6" diameter.

No comments:

Post a Comment