Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 62: Back in the saddle


Back in the shop tonight after spend the last couple of evenings working on the Arizona Woodturners Assoc. website.

I've had this small piece of burl on a shelf for a long time, at least 2 years, possibly longer.  I also wasn't sure if it was maple burl or myrtle burl.







 Turns out it's maple burl.  I still need to sand it inside and out remove the tenon.












While I was at it I also decided to finish a couple of ort bowls I had roughed out several months back.  They're both Walnut.  On the left is a dried rough out.  On the right is the finished bowl.










Here's both of them finished.  They have rims that slope inward and have a fishbowl type shape.  Quilters like my wife use them as mini trash cans to collect thread and fabric trimmings and scrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment