Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 47: Ornament and show prep


I'm busy preparing for a show on Saturday evening.  Today I spent several hours finishing and refinishing a bunch of pieces.  I used to sign pieces using a fine tip sharpie marker.  About a year ago I started engraving a stylized version of my initials (JTC).  I went back today and either buffed or sanded off the old signature and engraved my new signature on every piece.












While preparing I came across some Christmas ornaments I made a couple of years ago.  I think they'll be a nice addition to my sale table as we're getting close to Christmas but I only have 4 of them complete so I've decided to do some more.









The top one is complete, my first acorn style birdhouse ornament, the body is Buckeye Burl and the top is Mesquite.  It has a copper wire hoop at the top.

Below are 8 hollowed balls for icicle ornaments.  The 2 to the left are Olive, the next 2 are Buckeye Burl, middle top is Curly African Sumac, middle bottom is Curly Walnut, left hand side top is Carob, and left hand bottom is Mesquite.  They all need tops and bottoms but all of the balls are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment