Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 50: Last ornament standing



Finished up the last of the Christmas ornaments for this week.  One more birdhouse tonight (upper right, Box Elder and Walnut).

Pictured to the left are the 4 birdhouse ornaments I turned this week, clockwise from the upper left is Honey Locust/Walnut, Box Elder/Walnut, Buckeye Burl/Mesquite, and Ficus/Walnut.  All 4 have a copper wire loops to accept the standard wire ornament hangers that most ornament use.
















And I finished up the display stand along with 2 more icicle ornaments (both olive with walnut finials).  The wire is 10 gauge bare copper from Home Depot.  I shined it up quickly with some 320 grit sandpaper and bent the ends with a pair of needle nose pliers.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.  It holds 8 ornaments and I have a total of 16 (12 icicle, 4 birdhouse) finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment