Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 44: Blood sweat and tears



I roughed a couple more bowls tonight, fairly early on in the first set I had a large sliver of wood come off and hit my left hand.  It hurt pretty bad but I kept going.  I shot off the lathe a minute later to check my progress on the bowl and noticed a red streak on outside.













A quick glance at my left hand and I saw that I was bleeding, not bad, but enough.
















A quick trip to the sink to wash up and check the damage.  Just a small puncture wound, barely broke the skin but it bled pretty well.  I'd have to be injured much worse than this to stop turning.
















Results - 5 more bowls roughed out tonight, most of this was done after the images above.  The 2 bowls on the top are Sissoo, the 3 on the bottom are Acacia.  The Acacia set could have been a bit bigger and a lot deeper but I wanted them to be mostly heartwood.

All 5 are now bagged and tagged for the next 6 months of drying.





No comments:

Post a Comment