Friday, August 20, 2010

Roughing Eucalyptus

Eucalyptus salvaged from a local firewood lot. 













After seeing what's inside these I'm planning to go back next week for another couple of pieces.












It's not a burl but it does have burl like figure.  I should have gotten a photo of the outside of the log.  I thought the wood might be interesting but I had no idea it would be this nice.










I was able to get 4 decent sized pieces from the log I grabbed.  3-6" diameter and 11" long.  I also have a half dozen 1.5-2" square spindles and some 1" X 1"pen blanks.










Another piece of Eucalyptus from the firewood lot.  This one is a whole log and is about 8" diameter and 14" long.  There is a very subtle curl to this piece, not as intense as the other pieces but definitely there.

No comments:

Post a Comment