Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 354: Feeling hollow

I've had this small piece of Brazilian Pepper roughed out for several years, perhaps as many as 4 or 5.











I decided to go with a classic southwestern pottery shape with a nearly round bottom.











It does not have a foot, just a small flat spot to sit on.












Here's today's piece plus the Olive piece I finished earlier this week.  The Olive is about 7" high and 5" diameter.  The Brazilian Pepper is about 6" diameter and 3 1/2" high.









I also started working on what will probably be my largest hollow form to date.  A big piece of spalted and bug eaten Palo Verde.  Approx 10" X 10".










Finally I started to rough out 2 more hollow forms.  Both are Ash and come from adjacent sections of the log.

No comments:

Post a Comment