Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 215: Contest

One of my favorite websites just announced a woodworking contest that fits in perfectly with what I've been working on lately.  The contest is called "Turning and Burning" and as the title suggests all entries must be both turned and burned. 

Tonight I spent a coule hours unpacking from Prescott, cleaning the shop, and the turning the 3 small hollow forms on the left. 









I plan to burn these with a new variation of my 'feathers' design (http://agoodturndaily.blogspot.com/2010/03/day-196-feathered-friends.html).  I thought the wood was Myrtle but as I started cutting on the bandsaw it quickly became aparent it wasn't, it didn't have the very distinct smell or the light olive green color of fresh Myrtle.  I'm now pretty sure they're Ficus.    

No comments:

Post a Comment