Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 203: Tri-pendant III

Another 3 sided pendant tonight.  I made a backer plate this evening that I plan to use for a couple of these, the one I made tonight and two more that I have sketches of.















The holes are drilled with a 3/8" drill bit and then the whole plate is threaded onto my lathe via a woodworm screw.  The pendant blank is then attached to the backer plate with some double sided tape.  The 3 outside faces are turned using the 3 outside holes, the top face and inside hole is turned on the hole in the center.












Finished pendant in Desert Ironwood Burl.  It didn't turn out perfect, one of the sides is thinner than the other 2 but I'm pretty happy with it anyway.












Song of the night:  Johnny Cash, Hurt (Nine Inch Nails cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment