Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 209: Curly with a twist of satin

I finished a twisted lidded box tonight.  This will be a sample for my demo on Saturday and will also be a gift for some friends of mine that live in Prescott and are letting Judy and I stay over Friday night so we don't have to make the trip up first thing in the morning.  It will also be able to get a night away without the kids.














  The wood is Asian Satinwood and is extremely curly on one side and almost no curl on the other side.  There is a small amount of tearout on one side right in the joint but there isn't enough wood left at that point to clean it up.














Inside view.  I really like this wood, it turns well and looks fantastic.  I've got enough of this wood left for one more this same size.  I've got about 3 weeks before my next show, the Sunnyslope Art Walk on Saturday, April 10th from 5PM - 9PM on Central and Dunlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment