Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 214: Demo done


My Prescott demo was today and we're back at home tonight after retrieving the kids from my Grandparent's house.  The demo went really well, I did all 4 projects I planned, parallel axis goblet, parallel axis wavy spindle, 3 sided lidded box with a twist, and a couple of multiple center pendants.














My wife not only traveled to Prescott with me but she also attended my demo and took these photos for me.  This was the first time she'd seen me do any turning aside from walking past the open garage door.  She said it was interesting and was more detailed than she had thought it was going to be.  She says she was also surprised how vocal I could be.  I'm fairly withdrawn and quiet by nature so seeing me in front of a crowd entertaining and teaching everybody was very different from what she normally sees and hears.

All in all a successful demo and a fun weekend away.  Special thanks to my friends Tommy and Marie for housing us on Friday night and for dinner tonight.  If you're ever in Prescott I highly recommend Bill's Pizza on Cortez just South of Gorley.

No comments:

Post a Comment