Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 272: Research


I spent a portion of my evening watching a video a friend of mine let me borrow.  He knows I've been playing with multi axis work and he recently purchased an Escoulen eccentric chuck.  I don't plan to purchase one of these as they're rather expensive but it was interesting to watch his process and techniques and imagine how I might be able to replicate his results in my shop with shop made jigs or adapted techniques.





For those not familiar with Jean-Francois Escoulen's work here is one of his lidded boxes.  Based on his video and what I know of his work I believe this is made of 3 pieces each consisting of 2 parts and is probably turned on at least a dozen different centers.


More of his work. He's done a number of chess sets, all featuring his multi axis work.  This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment