Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 264: Natural (unlike my wife's hair color)

I fugred I out to at least practice a natural edge bowl tonight if I'm going to demo it on Saturday.  7" Jacaranda natural edge with bark.  Top view.
















Side view.  The bowl appears oval but it's an optical illusion due to the uneven edge on the top.  If the sides extended up to the same level it would be round.











I also took the opportunity to do a bit of experimenting.  I carved the base into 3 feet using a small sanding drum in a dremel tool.  This was my first attempt at doing this and I'm pretty pleased with the results.










Side view of the bottom with the 3 feet.  I didn't do a perfect job laying out the feet, I can tell they're not exactly 120 degrees apart but it's just a practice piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment