No photos tonight as I didn't do much turning. Instead I attempted to replace the air hose in my retractable hose reel. As it turns out you can't put 50 feet of hose onto a 25 foot reel, even if it's a smaller diameter hose. Of course I didn't figure this out until after my second trip to home depot of the night for different sized air fittings. I'm not sure what happened to the original hose but it now has a 1" slit almost exactly in the center.
I'm also working on a handout for the May meeting. Our scheduled demonstrator has a family event that conflicts with the meeting and has had to cancel. I'm having trouble getting someone else on such short notice so I'm stepping in. I'm going to do a pair of simple bowls using only 2 tools, a 1/2" bowl gouge and a 3/8" spindle gouge. One will be a standard bowl in standard orientation, the other will be natural edge. I cut both bowl blanks tonight out of the last of the Jacaranda I have. I wanted something easy to cut and fairly green. I think this fits the bill.