Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 256: Dalbergia Sissoo

I finished 3 bowls today, a pair of Sissoo bowls that will be headed back to Boyce Thompson Arboretum tomorrow afternoon and a small Desert Ironwood bowl that I cored out of the Desert Ironwood bowl I worked on for the Contrasts challenge.








The Sissoo bowls are from a tree that was located at Boyce Thompson Arboretum and blew over in a storm last year.  I've gotten wood from them a couple of times before and the agreement is that I will either return finished pieces for their gift shop or return a portion of the sales price on the finished pieces.  I've already sold 3 bowls from this tree and they received 20% of the sales price for those bowls.  These 2 will be donated to the gift shop and I believe will satisfy my portion of the arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment