Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 330: Leaving Normal

Bernie emailed me a photo about a week ago and wanted to learn how to turn the bowl in the photo.  I had a pretty good idea how to get it done but had never made one exactly like it before so it was a learning experience for both of us.









I'm pretty happy with the results.  As it was a sample piece I didn't bother with much sanding and didn't use a very nice piece of wood.











He's also wanted to learn how to turn a square bowl for quite a while.  As the bowl above was finished before the lesson was over we chucked up a piece of Ambrosia Maple and went to work. 










He also wanted to know how to carve feet so we ended up doing that as well, This piece needs a little more hand sanding to be finished, this was more than just a sample and will no doubt be on my sale table at my next show.

No comments:

Post a Comment