Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 322: Two steps forward, one step back.

Some progress on my Olive set.  I finished the smallest piece in the set but had to redo the epoxy on the outside of the middle and largest bowls as more voids were revealed after I trued up the outsides of both pieces.

I decided to leave the bottom of the smallest bowl with a small foot, about the size of a dime.

2nd round of epoxy on the outside of the largest bowl.  I ran into a problem with some of the epoxy as it catalyzed too quickly and seized up.  I think I added too many coffee grounds causing an exothermic reaction that solidified the remaining mixture in just a few seconds.  If I could repeat the process I might be able to fill larger voids more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment