Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 250: New arrival

My new bandsaw was delivered bright and early at 8:30 this morning.  Initial inspection shows that it really only used once or twice.  It's essentially brand new and he even threw in a mobile base so I can easily move it as needed.  The only down side is that he forgot to include the miter gauge.  I talked to him this afternoon and after returning home he was able to locate it and will mail it to me as he's a full hour from me.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning and rearranging the shop, preparing my current bandsaw for sale, and installing a new cord and plug to match the twilstlock outlet I installed on the ceiling.  I also made a quick trip to Woodcraft to purchase a new blade, where I discovered that Woodcraft doesn't carry 131 1/2" blades in their normal stock.  They can special order them for me but a local source would be my preference, the blade that came on it isn't the best quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment