Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 229: Wands

Not much shop time today, we spent the morning with my parents before they headed to the airport this afternoon for their flight back home.  Tonight I elected to spend most of the evening with the kids, we went to a local park and had a picnic.  After everyone was in bed for the night I made my way out to the shop.  I started doing an inventory for my show on Saturday and found that I only had 1 magic wand left.  They're popular items with kids and parents at shows.  Tonight I cut and then rounded 13 wand blanks.  They're approx 12" long and 1" diameter and from left to right are Bocote, Ziricote, Bloodwood, and Curly Maple.  Tomorrow I plan to turn them down to size and if I have enough time to try and start to finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment