Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 241: Club prep

Tomorrow is the April meeting of the Arizona Woodturners Association.  Tonight I'm getting everything ready for that meeting, the Desert Woodturning Roundup meeting, and my monthly poker game.  The April President's Challenge is Multi Axis.  I'm taking 4 pieces for the challenge, the twisted peppermill I've posted here a couple of times and 3 different multi axis pendants, all of which I buffed tonight using Beall Buffs and White Diamond.  For the regular instant gallery I'm taking a trio of burned pieces and the natural edge Central Ave. Olive pair I finished last week. 

I've also been hard at work the last couple of nights rebuilding the swingset in the backyard.  The Arizona sun is hard on the wood and the hardware and it was easier to tear it all down and start over from the ground up.  I still have a bit of work to do on it but I'm very pleased with it so far.  No turning in it yet, haven't figured out where to incorporate that yet but I'll figure it out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment