Friday, October 7, 2011


My first time back in the shop after a 3 week absence. Our President's challenge for October is peppermills. I wanted to do something different so I figured out a way to use a standard peppermill mechanism in a different way. Normally the drive shaft extends from the bottom to the top, passing through the knob on the top where it is secured with a threaded cap. I figured out a way to use the normal mechanism but conceal all of the hardware, including the threaded cap.

The wood is red streaked Box Elder I got from another club member earlier the year. All the turning is complete. I now need to finish sanding, apply the finish, and secure the hardware.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment