Monday, October 17, 2011

Election day

Saturday was our club election for the 2012 officers. We normally do nominations in October and the election in November but because of an all day demo next month we had to do the nominations and election on the same day. We have 4 elected positions: president, vice president, treasurer, and secretary. I've been vice president for the past 3 years and have been planning to run for president for the past 6 months or so. Because our current president is dealing with some health issues I've been running the club for the last 3 months, this month that meant not only presiding over the meeting but also dealing with the nomination process, the balloting, and the election results.

After the nomination process I was the only nominee for president, there were 2 nominees for vice president and for treasurer, and 1 nominee for secretary.

As I was running unopposed and it was well known that was actively seeking the position it wasn't surprising when the results were announced. I was unanimously elected president for 2012. I think we have a very strong set of officers for 2012 and I look forward to working with them to improve the club.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment