Sunday, January 1, 2012

Olive weekend


This is the last of my fresh olive. I don't make new year's resolutions but I am going to try to tackle a good portion of my woodpile this winter so I can get better organized.













These 3 were turned Friday evening. The 2 pieces on the left are the 2 halves of a small crotch. The piece on the far left was turned natural edge, the piece on the center was turned in the normal orientation. The piece on the right is calabash shaped and also normal side grain orientation.










2 more bowls Saturday night and a bowl and 3 spindle blanks Sunday night. I'm not certain what the spindles will end of as, possibly lidded boxes or hollow forms.













I think next I'll start to tackle the rest of the Mountain Mahogany I got this summer, I also still have some Sissoo that may still be somewhat green.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment