Monday, January 16, 2012

Demo prep


I'm demonstrating lidded boxes on Saturday at the Arizona Woodturners Association. I plan to demo 3 different styles, first is a small round box with a contrasting inlay around the rim, a simplified version of Cindy Drozda's "Fabulous Finial Box". Second will be what I call a hidden joint spline box. It's a pretty unique box, done side grain rather than end grain and with a joint that is contoured to match the grain of the wood. Last (if there's time) will be what I consider to be my signature lidded box, 3 sided with a 120 degree twist.






I've got most of my prep work already done, tonight I gathered up some samples and my prepared blanks. Next I need to gather up my tools and and accessories and I should be good to go.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment