Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 125: Sketchpad


Nothing fancy tonight, just a couple quick sketches for a design I'm working on.  The shape on the hollow form will end up significantly different but I plan to incorporate buckskin strips around the piece and then burn kokopellis in some of the open spaces.  I also want to play around with a slightly modified version of Molly Winton's basket work.  She does a 2 vertical &2 horizontal design, I want to try doing it as a herringbone pattern.  The disadvantage of a herringbone is that I'll need 2 tips to get it done, one full height and another half height as the top and the bottom of the design require half blocks every 3rd imprint.

I'm also playing around with the idea of creating a silhouette of a handprint in negative space.

No comments:

Post a Comment