Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 111: Success



Ornament success tonight.  I left it a little thicker tonight and took my time making the offset cuts.  I'm pleased with the results and hope that the recipient will be too.

This was turned on 3 different axes, a total of 8 times.  The copper eyelet on the top is hand made from a short piece of copper wire I took from a lenght of romex I had laying around.











Inside view with base.  The "trunk" on the base was drilled out to reduce weight even further. 












I almost always have my MP3 player on the stereo in the shop.  Sometimes it's music, other times it's an audio book. Starting tonight I'm going to try to feature something I listened to while working on today's project.. 

Song of the night:
Dave Matthews, Tripping Billies

No comments:

Post a Comment