Thursday, March 8, 2012

Unique beauty



I know it doesn't look like it changed, but it did and I'm happier with it. The overall shape looks and feels better. An additional 1/16"-1/8" was also taken off of the bottom so the weight is also better.


















Profile view. I put a coat of oil on this morning while the kids were getting ready for school. I'm always amazed how much just a simple coat of oil enhances the color. The color was there the whole time, the oil just enhances it.
















Bottom view. The round bottom was left intact. I was surprised how much burl figure there was on the bottom of this piece. Often as you go closer to the center of the tree the burl figure diminishes or goes away entirely.

















Close up of the burl figure near the neck. This is why I love to use burl so much, the figure is amazing and is completely unique to this piece of wood. No 2 pieces will ever be the same.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment