Monday, March 26, 2012

Accepted!

Last month I submitted 5 pieces for possible inclusion in a museum exhibit down in Tucson.  The Tohono Chul Park museum is having an exhibit that celebrates the Mesquite tree.  All entries must be made of or feature images of the Mesquite tree.
I received notice today that 3 of the 5 pieces I submitted were accepted and will be in the exhibit from April 26th to July 22nd.  The email indicated that they had 160 pieces submitted for consideration from nearly 70 different artists.
Now I have to get them down to Tucson before the April 26th opening.  Not an easy thing considering I have 2 shows between now and then, not to mention my day job.
The 3 piece set was turned from wood I received in the 50/50 raffle at the local club a couple years ago.  The first hollow form was from wood sourced at Boyce Thompson Arboretum.  I'm not certain where the wood for the other hollow form came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment