Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Round bottom girl


More work on the Box Elder Burl hollow form tonight. It's now 95% complete, I'm considering putting it back on the lathe for a minor touchup. I'll sleep on it tonight and make the decision tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I have enough material left, at least I hope that I do. If not I may have a few choice words with myself.














At this point I have opted to leave it with a round bottom. Even if I do the touchup I think I'll leave the round bottom. It's not something you see very often on hollow forms, it's only the second one I've done that I can remember.














I'm still debating about how to handle a base if I leave the round bottom. In the past I've turned solid wood rings, one of which I'm using in this photo. I have another idea I'm kicking around that I may prototype. Time will tell.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment