Friday, September 9, 2011

New toys




My new hollowing set was delivered this afternoon after a bit of a delay (just over 3 week from order to delivery). I don't want to disparage the vendor publicly for the poor service but I also won't be recommending them in the future.









I had to try it out this afternoon and had mixed results. This piece is about 4" diameter and was hollowed through a 5/8" hole. It got a little thin near the top because I wasn't sure where the cutting tip was.










I didn't bother hollowing the rest or finishing the outside before I cut it in half to see how I had done. I was surprised how good it looked, one or 2 more passes on the inside would have removed all of the areas I marked in black and a little work on the outside and bottom would have resulted in a pretty pleasing little piece in a very short period of time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment