Friday, November 12, 2010

The month from Hell.

Not really Hell, just extremely busy, hence my lack of posts.  Over the course of the last 30 days I've had an art show, a woodturning demonstration, Halloween, a son in the hospital, a poker game, my wife had 3 quilting events, my Mother visited for 3 weeks, and our dog had puppies.  Add on 60+ hour work weeks for the last month and I haven't set foot in my shop for more than 10 minutes total in that time.  

The show I participated in was the Artists of the Superstitions Studio Tour.  I was one of 2 artists that were hosted at the shop of another artists.  All 3 of us are woodturners so I'm somewhat convinced that our individual sales were lower than the would have been had we not been competing against each other.  It turned out not to be a bad event all things considered and I will definitely think about adding it to my calendar for next year.  I only sold 8 pieces total over the 2 days but the average sale price was just over $50, pretty good considering.

Now that this 4 week period is over my lack of shop time should be over too.  I'm hopeful that I can get back to work soon, this is almost certainly the longest period I've gone without turning in the last several years and I'm itching to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment