Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happenings

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been swamped with work lately so my shop time has been dramatically reduced. 

I've only been in the shop turning 3 times in the last 2 weeks.  Bernie was over a week ago to rough and core a piece of the Olive I got recently. 

Saturday I turned and cored this set of Olive.










The biggest bowl in this set is 11 1/2" diameter.  I'm undecided about the voids, I may end up filling them in or I may end up leaving them natural.











On Sunday I roughed and cored this set. 

The biggest bowl is 16 1/2" diameter. 















These 3 also have big voids that I'm undecided about.  I've got a while to think about that, it will be at least a year before I get back to finishing these.











I'm headed to Flagstaff to demo at the Peaks Woodturners on Saturday.  I'm going to do the same multi axis demo I did earlier this year in Phoenix and Prescott.  This will be my first trip to the Flagstaff turning club, I'm looking forward to heading North on Saturday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment