Friday, November 19, 2010

Burning and Turning

This twisted box was one I did as a sample for my demo in Prescott earlier this year.  I decided to do some burning on it but I didn't want to do it all over the box.














 This is the design I settled on.  I think it emphasizes the twist.  I've taken to calling this one Kudzu because of the bottom and how the design on the bottom is only connected to the sides and the top in 3 little spots, like kuzdu vines slowly growing over a building.













I also had to find a different place to sign it.  I ended up signing it on the inside of the joint so the signature can only be seen when the box is open.














Tonight I started working on some bowls for next weekend.  I've been invited to demo and sell out at Boyce Thompson Arboretum next weekend.  The wood for these bowls is Visco Acacia and came from BTA earlier this year.  I like to have bowls with a local connection whenever possible.  These are small, only 4-5" diameter.  I have some that are bigger but I don't know if I'll have time to get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment