Sunday, June 24, 2012


European Olive (olea europaea) blank, roughly 11" X 6". Half dry and half green. This piece was cut back in December and was left outside unprotected.

Outside shaped and the hollowing started. It was slow going as the blank was extremely out of balance because of the voids and the variation in water content.

Hollowing mostly done. I was having a hard time getting into the outside corner so I gave up for the evening.

Hollowing complete and the initial sanding done. I've set it aside for the time being to dry out a bit before I resume the sanding and finishing process. I may still take one last cut (famous last words) on the bottom half as It's still a bit thicker and heavier than I'd like.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment