Sunday, December 25, 2011

Finally finished

The engraving was done by another local turner and final assembly was done yesterday morning, not a moment too soon.
A quick sanding to remove some of the smoke residue and a quick coat of oil completed the job.

Assembly on this one was a bit easier, a coat of oil and placing the rods in the base. We thought about drilling holes in the sides of both masks for ribbon but eventually decided against it.

We also turned a heart shaped bowl for my neighbor's wife. I cut the heart shape before turning and the turned it as I would turn a square or natural edge bowl.

Bottom view.

Side view. It was left a little thicker than I would normally turn. There is a slight recurve on the wings to give it a bit more dynamic shape.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment