Saturday, May 14, 2011

Proof of concept

I've had this idea kicking around in my head for a while, a different take on a hollow form.  Donut shaped and hollowed from the inside edge.










 I'm still refining my approach, but I think it has promise.  This is my first attempt and the piece was secured to the wooden jam chuck with hot melt glue.  In order to hollow it out I will need to flip it over, the last time I flipped this sample I didn't use enough glue and it was torn free from the jam chuck.  I either need to rethink my approach or use more glue (or both).
As it sits it's only partially hollowed, about 1/4 to 1/3 done, but it will remain as is for at least a week.  I'm headed to California for work all next week.  I fly out first thing Monday morning and return late Friday night. Longest I've been away from home in close to 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment