Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flagstaff prep

I've been invited to demo at the Flagstaff woodturning club (Peaks Woodturners) next month.  We're still working on an exact date and time but it looks like it's going to be one month from today.

I'm going to do the same multi axis demo I did in Phoenix and Prescott earlier this year.  It's both basic enough for beginners and advanced enough for experienced turners. 










Part 3 of the demo is a lidded box done on 3 centers with a twist.  I roughed out the box tonight out of some scrap Shoestring Acacia.  I don't have time to do the inside of the box during my demo so I do that portion ahead of time.  This allows me to turn the outside of the box (turning the inside is pretty standard) to completion in the allotted time.

I'm probably going overboard doing this a full month ahead of time but I'd rather do it now than have to rush it at the last minute and things are going to get busy.  I have a birthday, an art show, and a club meeting on the 3 Saturdays preceeding the demo.

No comments:

Post a Comment