Monday, April 2, 2012
A little more work on the new base tonight. I spent about 30 more minutes picking away more bark and cambium. Then I used a paint brush to apply a coat of oil into all the nooks and crannies.
After the oil has been applied. The color is significantly darker now but that also means that some of the reds and they grays stand out more too.
I think that the dark bottom of the hollow form works well with the dark base. They aren't from the same tree but the almost look like they could be. This is supposed to be for the April President's challenge but I don't know if it will make it. I will not be at the April meeting as I have a show that day. I also have a show the week before that. If it doesn't sell at either of those shows I'll display it at the May meeting.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone